Saturday, September 22, 2012

Eleven

On this day, eleven years ago, I was holding my new baby girl.  I don't think I put her down for like a year.  She was perfect.  While our friends were having fun and living the college life, we entered the world of the unknown.  Looking back...I wouldn't change a thing.

We didn't know what we were doing, but we knew she was ours and we wouldn't have it any other way.  She has made us who we are.  We really don't even know life without her.

It brings tears to my eye to think about our journey with her.  She really is the best daughter I could ever ask for.  She is hysterical, fun, has a fashion of her own, caring, loves her family, and has an enormous heart.

Today, we will add another candle to the birthday cake.  I will get teary, and reminisce on this past year.  She will hug me and tell me how much she loves me...

Can't wait to celebrate this day with you.  I love you Lyssa Kate!

Choose Love,

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Cassi! Happy Birthday Lyssa!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when you were pregnant.:) Happy Birthday Lyssa!!! Hope your season is going great!!

    ReplyDelete