Saturday, September 17, 2011

Double Digits

My baby is a decade old. Its hit me hard, especially since every time I look at her I see this little freckled face 5 year old smiling back at me. Really, that's how old I still think she is. She's already been at home longer than she's going to be, and that makes me very, very sad. Time has passed in the blink of an eye.

Lys,

You were born at 1:53 am. WOW, what a day and night! I remember it like it was yesterday. It was the first BEST day of my life. I was scared, anxious, not sure what my life would be like. But, when I saw your little face everything became very clear. You made me realize that I was meant to be a mother. My life truly began the day you were born. I sometimes wonder how I got so lucky.




You have grown into an amazing big girl. You have something about you that makes people want to be around you. Always making someone laugh. Very creative. So smart and incredibly sweet. Beautiful from the outside in. So thoughtful about others. Always the life of the party!


This past decade has been awesome, looking forward to the next one. Happy Birthday sweet girl!


Much Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment